Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Engagement Commission

ink, and colored pencil on paper, 2012, artwork 10" x 8",  framed 14 3/4" x 10 5/8"

I was commissioned to create this painting as a surprise gift to celebrate two lovebirds moving in together.  She really liked one of my daily drawing series and wanted me to make a special piece combining her favorite color green with his blue.  While she was talking to me about making this piece for their new place, he was ring shopping and getting ready to propose.  They didn't know what each other was up to and this really shows that they are on the same wavelength.  I was so thrilled to be able participate in this special life event.  This is such a great story and it warms my heart completely.  I'm delighted for this special Denver couple as they begin their new life together.    Listen up folks as this is a great idea and I wish that I thought of it back when I got engaged.  I think that all major life events should be celebrated properly with a work of art.  These are the moments that make being an artist really great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment