Saturday, June 9, 2012

Making a screenprint


These are the 5 hand drawn films created before I could begin printing at Spudnik Press.


You can see in the left corner that I brought one of my original paintings for color reference while mixing the colors.


Spudnik class and member screens


To start I coated 2 screens with emulsion.


I use the transparent films to burn an image on the screen.




screens under the blankets





washing out the image




Printing the first color yellow.


The yellow was to transparent so I ended up having to print the yellow twice. I don't print on black paper often and if I did it again I would do it differently.


Printing Red for the second color.


red red and more red


third layer- blue


third layer- blue

4th color is a creamy white

4th color, cream

5th color, metallic gold


finished


Pinball Series: Ball 2, 8 1/2" x 11", 5- color screenprint

No comments:

Post a Comment